Fitness Rehab Small Group
Fitness and movement training for recovery and conditioning
Thursdays, August 16, 23, and 30th, 4:30-5:30 pm. $99
Instructor: Lisa Martinez
Getting fit after an injury, even long after, is often difficult. For anyone who has experienced an injury and is looking for an active,yet safe, recovery program, this is it! Join Lisa Martinez, PT, DPT for this focused small group movement training for 3-6 people. Sessions will combine specialized workouts with skill development that you will continue to use in your everyday life.
Pre-registration required. $99.
Tai Chi Workshop
Thursdays, Sept. 6 – Oct. 25 7:15 – 8:15 pm. $100
Instructor: David Teschler
Tai Chi is increasingly recommended by physicians & healthcare providers for increasing wellness & health in people of all ages. The Harvard Medical School Guide to Tai Chi and the Mayo Clinic Guide for Studying Tai Chi both note that ‘a healthy body, strong heart and sharp mind are outcomes of Tai Chi.’
Dave Teschler, PhD is a 10th Degree Master Instructor in Tai Chi Chuan. Additionally, he is a Fifth Degree Black Belt in Kenp Karate, a Third Degree Black Sash in Bok Mei Pai, and a Second Degree Black Belt in Southern Preying Mantis, and Kung Fu.He will be offering a Thursday evening 7 pm Tai Chi class starting September 6th through October 25.
Pre-registration required. $100 per person.
Thursdays & Saturdays, Sept. 27 – Oct. 25, 5:45 – 6:45 pm. $80 per person
Instructor: Cindy Land, RN
Pelvic tension is created through stress, dysfunctional breathing and chronic muscle tension. This class will increases pelvic flow through movement, stretching, breathing and mindfulness:
- Blast stress and burn off stress hormones through a short interval of FUN, pelvic friendly cardio to increase your heart rate and maybe get a little sweaty! The decrease of stress hormones helps to reduce muscle tension and increase ability to slooooow dooooown.
- Next, transition to an interval of yoga flow to connect breathing to body, with emphasis on pelvic awareness and stability with movement and stretching.
- Lastly, move into yin yoga for increased diaphragm mobility and breathing relating to pelvic floor relaxation. Mindful breathing, body awareness and meditation to sooth the nervous system and calm the noise.
This 60 minute class combines all three segments to turn on the rest/digest/reset system to increase tolerance to stress, increase breathing function, improve oxygen flow, create body awareness and release muscle tension…your pelvic muscles will love it!
Pre-registration required. $80 per person.
The Science of Hope: Defying Aging with Strength, Mobility, and Intelligence
Sep. 29 | 10:00-11:30am | $35 per person
Instructor: Marty Larson | Staff Bio
- Pre registration required. $35
- Minimum of 5 needed to hold seminar